Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Bubba's Girlfriend

Moving to Guatemala we never anticipating meeting such wonderful people. Sure we had our romanticized versions of what it would be like here, but they didn’t include the new friends we might make. Take Yuli for instance, Bubba’s girlfriend. He calls her “Luli.” Just look at her. If arranged marriages are ever in vogue, I’m gonna hook Bubba up with this little Mayan princess.


(Bubba and Yuli in Monterrico)

We spent Saturday in Monterrico at the beach with the Gunther’s, and I spent the drive home (my favorite drive in Guatemala) thinking about how blessed we’ve been by the people we’ve met here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Doug Fields said...

Ok, a couple of questions:
1. When did you start calling the boy Bubba? He doesn't look like a Bubba? And I'm sure he doesn't sound like a Bubba? What gives?
2. Every photo I've seen of you over the last several months either involves a beach, beautiful mountains, ancient ruins, or a resort swimming pool. Apparently, my prayers for you are being answered.

9:46 AM  
Blogger dearjeremiah said...

Who else but the Todd's could bring arranged marriages back in vogue? What a stud that young man of yours is. I couldn't help but notice the Gallo umbrella in the back. What I wouldn't give to be sitting by that pool with a Gallo right now. peace.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Daniel Todd said...

Doug...
1. As soon as I starting pining for Kentucky, which was about 24 hours after I moved down here.
2. Yes, living the dream.

We gotta talk. I sent you an email but heard nothing. What gives?

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home